In the event that there is difficulty understanding the caller we can instantly replay the call as many times as required in an attempt to get clarification. We have multiple data terminals displaying the Enhanced 911 data and multiple virtual printers to log Information.
- All calls are recorded and logged.
- We archive the calls to our Storage Area Network for safety.
- We keep “critical” 911, Fire and Alarm calls for a period requested by our clients.
- Instant Call retrieval is available for all calls.
Emergency Power System
Our computer and telephone systems operate on a dual Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems and diesel powered generator back-up systems. In the event of a commercial power loss, the UPS systems will bridge power to all critical devices until the generator activates via an automatic transfer switch and powers the entire building.
- The Electrical grid which powers the building is provided by Greater Sudbury Utilities which is extremely reliable in our area.
- The Diesel Generator and the UPS back up system is tested under load on a scheduled basis.