Northern911, located in Sudbury Ontario, is a fast-paced telecommunication company which delivers emergency services across North America. Our Core business is helping people in times of need and handling emergency calls. It’s what we do all day, every day. With over 60 years of experience, Northern911 provides alarm monitoring, E911 and VoIP911 call transferring, fire dispatching, telematics dispatching, and GPS monitoring services to our clients.
The Emergency Response Specialist is responsible for handling Enhanced 9-1-1 (E911) or VoIP calls (V911), fire dispatch, alarm monitoring, vehicle telematics monitoring and GPS monitoring according to company policies and procedures. For E911, V911, and fire dispatch this entails accurately answering emergency calls and transferring to the appropriate downstream agency or dispatching emergency responders. For alarm monitoring, this requires responding to residential and/or business alarm signals, contacting responding parties, and dispatching the appropriate emergency agencies when needed. The Emergency Response Specialist is the vital communications link between public safety professionals and the public in their time of need. Northern911 supplies paid initial and continuous training.
Languages: Bilingualism in French, Spanish is considered an asset
Education: Secondary (High) School Diploma or Certificate
- Previous experience in emergency services or customer service is considered an asset
- Ability to type 41- 60 words per minute
- Proficient use of computers and telephone
- Meet spelling, grammar and comprehension requirements from pre-employment testing
- Ability to use judgment, tact and initiative when dealing with clients, callers and staff
- Maintain confidentiality of private information
- Handle stressful and emotionally charged situations
- Ability to retain emotional control, honesty and productivity
- Work independently in a team environment
- Must have reliable transportation to meet shift requirements.
- Starting at $17.00 hourly.
- Increase to $17.50 hourly after completion of probationary period.
- Wage after one year increases to $18.34 hourly.
- $1.00/hr graveyard premium entitlement
Hours: Shiftwork – Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Statutory Holidays, Possibility of Overtime
Security and Safety: Criminal record check required once selected